Strong Name for xVal?

Apr 2, 2009 at 7:05 AM
Hi,

I'm evaluating xVal on one of my pet projects, and it's looking great so far.  The tutorial at http://blog.codeville.net/2009/01/10/xval-a-validation-framework-for-aspnet-mvc/ is also much appreciated.

However, the assembly (at least the 0.8.0.0 version) is not signed with a strong name, so I had to download the code in order to create a strongly named version.  Maybe you would consider signing the released binaries (Please also add the AllowPartiallyTrustedCallersAttribute to the assembly)?  Don't put the key itself under source control, though :-)

Thanks!
Dirk
Coordinator
Apr 2, 2009 at 7:10 AM
Hi Dirk

Thanks for the suggestion. I assume it's because you'd like to use xVal with something else that is strongly-named, is that correct?

For the next and future releases, I'll give the assembly a strong name. If you have any other suggestions for improvement I'd be glad to hear them.

Cheers!
Apr 2, 2009 at 7:12 AM
Hi Steve,

You got it exactly right: I want to use xVal with something that's strongly named and intended to run in a shared hosting environment - that means Medium Trust, hence the APTCA attribute.

Thanks for the fast reply!

Dirk