Client Side Validation not triggering on Firefox

Nov 6, 2009 at 8:11 AM
Edited Nov 6, 2009 at 8:31 AM

Hi

I'm using v1 of xVal. It's for a couple of weeks now that I'm using xVal in the same project and until now I didn't have any problem on any browser.

But since yesterday, and god knows why, the validation doesn't fire any more on firefox, but still works like a charm on IE. And it's not only on my version of Firefox, it's for all clients who use the webapp. So that kinda eliminates interference from local settings.

I'm not expecting a straight answer to this problem, but I would be nice to receive hints on how to debug this.

I'm using the jquery.validator plugin.

Nov 9, 2009 at 7:55 AM

After some research I found that Firefox is VERY strict in xhtml validation and that this causes Jquery validation to return true when validating an invalid xhtml form.

Problem solved.

Nov 9, 2009 at 12:08 PM
Edited Nov 9, 2009 at 12:10 PM

Another thing that people, who are used to test primarily on IE, should know is that  FireFox is case sensitive on the field handling.
So when your model has "SomeFieldName" and you use "somefieldname" as the name of your input field, the validation will not find the validator for this field.

Model property name and form fieldname should have the same casing.

This is not the case in Internet Explorer.